Hawaii Living

Discovery Bay #1919 (Waikiki)

1 / 24

1778 Ala Moana Blvd #1919, Honolulu

Agency Info

We regret, Hawaii Living is currently unable to assist you with this listing. Feel free to contact listing agent directly:
Casey Lentz (RA)
RS-79986
Royal Realty LLC
Phone: (808) 780-2975

Description
Furnished OCEAN view corner unit in Discovery Bay Resolution Tower! The central location makes this perfect for year-round residents, monthly rental investment or second home. Located on the 19th floor, this spacious 1 bedroom, 1 bath unit with enclosed lanai and covered parking has incredible views of the ocean and marina. Building amenities include 24/7 security, pool, jacuzzi, gym, sun deck and BBQ all within walking distance to beautiful beaches, five-star dining and shopping. The homeowners association currently owns 62% of beneficial fee interest with ongoing negotiations for the remaining 38% to covert to Fee Simple. 30-day minimum rentals required. Unit is currently being used as a 30-day rental and showings are based on availability.
Recent Activity
  • Oct 04, 2021 Price $299,000
  • Oct 04, 2021 Price $290,000
  • Sep 21, 2021 Listed at $312,000
  • May 31, 2013 Sold for $285,000
  • May 03, 2013 In Escrow
  • Apr 19, 2013 Listed at $299,000
  • Apr 04, 2013 Listed at $285,000
  • Jan 03, 2013 Sold for $250,000
  • Nov 03, 2012 Expired
  • Sep 28, 2012 In Escrow
  • May 02, 2012 Listed at $299,000
  • Apr 17, 2012 Listed at $275,000
Sold
  • #PH11: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $725K (10/15/21)
  • #2306: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $260K (10/15/21)
  • #2304: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $400K (9/30/21)
  • #3602: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $335K (9/16/21)
  • #3216: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $265K (9/16/21)
  • #4018: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $226K (9/7/21)
  • #2307: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $250K (8/16/21)
  • #1712: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $310K (7/21/21)
  • #1409: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $280K (7/21/21)
  • #PH3: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $675K (7/14/21)
  • #1801: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $410K (5/28/21)
  • #1914: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $346K (5/25/21)
  • #2814: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $375K (5/24/21)
  • #1713: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $270K (5/17/21)
  • #2502: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $292K (5/11/21)
  • #1211: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $400K (4/30/21)
  • #3213: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $260K (4/30/21)
  • #1514: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $400K (4/28/21)
  • #3410: Studio | 1 Bath @ $248K (4/19/21)
  • #2716: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $280K (4/15/21)
  • #3017: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $230K (3/22/21)
  • ##4007: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $209K (3/22/21)
  • #3812: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $235K (3/12/21)
  • #915: Studio | 1 Bath @ $164K (3/5/21)
  • #2416: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $215K (3/4/21)
  • #1006: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $183K (2/19/21)
  • #1711: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $375K (2/19/21)
  • #3903: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $265K (2/10/21)
  • #3011: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $400K (12/31/20)
  • #3704: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $400K (12/18/20)
  • #3513: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $240K (12/14/20)
  • #3110: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $220K (10/30/20)
  • #3606: Studio | 1 Bath @ $215K (10/30/20)
  • #4017: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $275K (10/7/20)
  • #1319: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $245K (10/2/20)
  • #1203: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $190K (6/26/20)
  • #2614: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $439K (5/19/20)
  • #2209: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $300K (4/15/20)
  • #2604: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $385K (4/6/20)
  • #3717: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $180K (3/30/20)
  • #3701: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $508K (3/18/20)
  • #2510: Studio | 1 Bath @ $218K (2/25/20)
  • #3001: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $425K (2/21/20)
  • #3509: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $230K (1/31/20)
  • #2320: Studio | 1 Bath @ $185K (1/27/20)
  • #2316: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $235K (1/10/20)
  • #2605: Studio | 1 Bath @ $167K (1/8/20)
  • #1401: 2 Beds | 2 Baths @ $301K (1/3/20)
  • #3003: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $215K (12/26/19)
  • #3908: 1 Beds | 1 Bath @ $250K (12/16/19)
More Details
  • Owner, Tax & Resale History: Click here
  • HOA Fees / Interior Sf: $1.19
  • Price / Interior Sf: $413
  • HOA Fees Include: Cable TV, Hot Water, Internet Service, Other Common Expenses, Sewer, Water
  • Zoning: X2 - Apartment Precinct
  • Elementary School: Jefferson
  • Middle School: Washington
  • High School: Kaimuki
  • View: City, Coastline, Marina/Canal, Mountain, Ocean
  • Owner Occupancy: 30%
  • Management Company: Hawaiiana
  • Security Features: Key, Security Patrol, Video
  • Amenities: BBQ, Community Association Pool, Exercise Room, Patio/Deck, Pool on Property, Recreation Area, Resident Manager, Sauna, Security Guard, Trash Chute, Whirlpool
  • TMK: 1-2-6-12-10-441
  • Tax Assessed Land: $13,500
  • Tax Assessed Improvements: $456,600
  • Tax Assessed Total: $470,100
  • Courtesy: Royal Realty LLC
  • MLS: 202124295
Blog
The MLS properties are based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of Hicentral MLS, Ltd. Listings last updated on October 18, 2021. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Other Discovery Bay Listings
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
Leasehold
$289,000
Discovery Bay #3016
1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
724 sqft
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
Leasehold
$320,000
Discovery Bay #4103
1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
683 sqft
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
Leasehold
$249,900
Discovery Bay #1307
1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
683 sqft
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
  • Photo
Leasehold
$249,000
Discovery Bay #2010
Studio | 1 BaBa
464 sqft
About Discovery Bay
  • Address: 1778 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96815.
  • Built in 1977 with 633 Units on 42  Floors, Studio & 1 to 3BR Floor plans, Pets: OK (verify).
  • Amenities include Pool, Exercise Room, Sauna, BBQ Area, Many restaurants on bottom floors.
  • The homeowners' association has purchased a 62% interest in the Fee.

Updates
The AOAO at Discovery Bay has an approximate 62% interest in the land and there are ~6 other interested parties holding the remaining 38% interest in the land. The AOAO is interested in buying these parties out, which, if successful, would give the AOAO an ability to work towards offering the owners the fee.
Upon lease expiry - year 2039 - all parties with an interest in the land have to come to an agreement. Since the owners have an interest in the fee, they cannot be asked to vacate their unit, as is the case with many leasehold properties. 

About Discovery Bay
The Discovery Bay condo is another of Waikiki's dual streng  ....click here to read more
Other Waikiki Condos
Villa On Eaton Square #2508
1 Beds | 1 Baths
582 sqft
Waikiki Imperial Apts #3D
1 Beds | 1 Baths
680 sqft
Chateau Waikiki #3004
1 Beds | 1 Baths
570 sqft
Pacific International #501
1 Beds | 2 Baths
537 sqft
Aloha Lani #2111
1 Beds | 1 Baths
431 sqft
Rosalei #302
1 Beds | 1 Baths
477 sqft
  • Asking Price: $299,000
Description
Furnished OCEAN view corner unit in Discovery Bay Resolution Tower! The central location makes this perfect for year-round residents, monthly rental investment or second home. Located on the 19th floor, this spacious 1 bedroom, 1 bath unit with enclosed lanai and covered parking has incredible views of the ocean and marina. Building amenities include 24/7 security, pool, jacuzzi, gym, sun deck and BBQ all within walking distance to beautiful beaches, five-star dining and shopping. The homeowners association currently owns 62% of beneficial fee interest with ongoing negotiations for the remaining 38% to covert to Fee Simple. 30-day minimum rentals required. Unit is currently being used as a 30-day rental and showings are based on availability.
Agency Info

We regret, Hawaii Living is currently unable to assist you with this listing. Feel free to contact listing agent directly:
Casey Lentz (RA)
RS-79986
Royal Realty LLC
Phone: (808) 780-2975

    The MLS properties are based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of Hicentral MLS, Ltd. Listings last updated on October 18, 2021. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
    • Oct 04, 2021 Price $299,000
    • Oct 04, 2021 Price $290,000
    • Sep 21, 2021 Listed at $312,000
    • May 31, 2013 Sold for $285,000
    • May 03, 2013 In Escrow
    • Apr 19, 2013 Listed at $299,000
    • Apr 04, 2013 Listed at $285,000
    • Jan 03, 2013 Sold for $250,000
    • Nov 03, 2012 Expired
    • Sep 28, 2012 In Escrow
    • May 02, 2012 Listed at $299,000
    • Apr 17, 2012 Listed at $275,000
    • Address: 1778 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96815.
    • Built in 1977 with 633 Units on 42  Floors, Studio & 1 to 3BR Floor plans, Pets: OK (verify).
    • Amenities include Pool, Exercise Room, Sauna, BBQ Area, Many restaurants on bottom floors.
    • The homeowners' association has purchased a 62% interest in the Fee.

    Updates
    The AOAO at Discovery Bay has an approximate 62% interest in the land and there are ~6 other interested parties holding the remaining 38% interest in the land. The AOAO is interested in buying these parties out, which, if successful, would give the AOAO an ability to work towards offering the owners the fee.
    Upon lease expiry - year 2039 - all parties with an interest in the land have to come to an agreement. Since the owners have an interest in the fee, they cannot be asked to vacate their unit, as is the case with many leasehold properties. 

    About Discovery Bay
    The Discovery Bay condo is another of Waikiki's dual streng  ....click here to read more
    Other Discovery Bay Listings
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    Leasehold
    $289,000
    Discovery Bay #3016
    1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
    724 sqft
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    Leasehold
    $320,000
    Discovery Bay #4103
    1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
    683 sqft
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    Leasehold
    $249,900
    Discovery Bay #1307
    1 BdBd | 1 BaBa
    683 sqft
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    • Photo
    Leasehold
    $249,000
    Discovery Bay #2010
    Studio | 1 BaBa
    464 sqft
    You do not own the land, but have the right to use the land until an expiration year. At expiration the ownership typically reverts back to the land owner.
    Leasehold Expiry: 12/31/39
    Buyer and Seller have reached an agreement and are under contract. However, the sale is still subject to one or more contingencies.
    We have handled many transactions for clients who purchase Hawaii real estate without visiting. By request, we can prepare thorough property videos to ensure you are familiar with every detail necessary. All documents can be signed remotely.
    Buyer and Seller have reached an agreement and are under contract. The sale is expected to close / record soon.
    We will be happy to work with you as a Buyer's agent. Call us to learn more: 808-943-9000.
    Note: A Seller's agent has a fiduciary responsibility towards the Seller. Working with a Buyer's agent objectives and goals are aligned, at no cost to you, the Buyer.
    Other fees could be a special assessment, reserve contributions etc.
    DOM = Days On Market. Our site shows listings immediately. A brand new listing may show DOM 2 or 3 days, if listing agent did not upload the same day listing agreement was executed.
    Includes estimated monthly mortgage payment, maintenance / HOA fees & property taxes. The estimate does not include insurance premiums.
    Learn more about Oahu property taxes here.