- Address: 4999 Kahala Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816.
- Built in 1966, 196 Units on 12 Floors, 2 - 4BR, Pets: No.
- Amenities include Pool, Whirlpool, BBQ, Exercise Room, Recreation Area, Security Guard.
- Leasehold property, expiring in 2027.
See our video of Kahala Beach Apartments
. About Kahala Beach Apartments
The Kahala Beach Apartments are an 'Only In Hawaii' story. Their location right on the beach, next to the 5 Star Kahala Hotel
and Waialae Country Club
brought stratospheric prices and truly 'A' list owners. Yet today you'll see listings for extremely low prices because it is leasehold
with lease expiry fast approaching.
So why would you buy here? Simple. It's the chance to live on some of the most beautiful and desirable real estate in Hawaii
. Best of all, you do so in the classic Mid-Century Hawaii style they often try to recapture today, but never truly get right. Here, it's the Real Thing.
The Kahala Beach condos are spread across 4 buildings, all just 4 stories tall. In between them, and all around, are lush, tropical gardens maintained daily.
Every unit has plenty of room, the airiness just made for tradewinds:
- 1BRs have a huge 1,068 sq ft floorplan (very few)
- 2BRs range from 1,168 to 1,888 sq ft
- 3BR go from 1,830 sq ft to a very nice 2,040 in them, leaving the
- 4BRs that start at 1,888 and go up to a massive 3,450 (very few).
The views from this beachfront property are, as you guessed, incredible. The gardens are wonderful to drink in throughout the day, but the residents on the makai side are truly blessed. This is oceanfront just as it was 60 years ago. It creates those moments when you need to feel like this paradise is truly yours, and yours alone.
Yes, time is passing on this place, but it could be your one opportunity to have a lifestyle that is disappearing far too quickly. As they say, get it while you can. Note
: There are no condo projects similar to Kahala Beach - this is a very unique one of a kind property, even more so being leasehold. However, if you want to stay in Kahala and you are OK with a higher price point consider looking at condos at Regency at Kahala
. If you want to live on the ocean's edge, check out Diamond Head's Gold Coast condos
. Alternatively, search all Honolulu condos for sale