Oahu Real Estate News2/1/5/2018
: Developer of Trump Tower Waikiki
has 8 units left in their inventory and developer of Ritz-Carlton Waikiki
(same developer as Trump) has 5 units left in their East Tower inventory (under construction). 2/13/2018: Aalii
unrestricted sales will begin March 3, 2018. 2/11/2018
: Ilikai Marina
does not allow installation of laundry machines and and existing machines must be removed prior to a possible sale. 2/06/2018
: Symphony Honolulu developer has just 2 x 2BR PH units left and Park Lane Ala Moana developer has 8 residences left. 1/26/2018
: Hawaii Living launched our new web design and logo. 1/24/2018
, new condo project in Ward Village, is about 97% sold. 10/24/2017
: TAT (transient accomodation tax - a tax levied on rentals less than 180 days) will increase from its current rate of 9.25% to 10.25%, starting Jan 1, 2018. 9/11/2017: Puuwai Place
in Waipahu is now taking applications through Sept 27, 2017 for those who want to participate in the lottery. 8/16/2017:
FSBO (For Sale by Owner) properties tend to sell for substantially less than properties sold by real estate agents, via the MLS, according to this detailed study by Collateral Analytics
, analyzing 1.35M properties sold year 2016 and 2017. 8/16/2017:
Honolulu named the most livable city in the US and number 17 globally in the Economist Intelligence Unit's ranking, which reviews factors such as stability, healthcare, education, culture, infrastructure and environment.
We exclude Leasehold data from this market analysis because Leasehold properties do not compare with regular Fee Simple properties.
We use median instead of the average because it depicts more accurately a central tendency to the sample size. Example: Take 5 numbers - 3, 5, 7, 9, 21. The median is 7 (the middle number) and the average is 9 (sum of all divided by 5).
Popular Guide to Waikiki Condo Hotels
- Everything you need to know about condos in Honolulu that allow for short-term vacation rentals. Condo Remodel
- See how George took a tired unit at Ilikai, gutted it and completed remodeled it (with lots of pictures). Real Estate Tax Benefit Guide
- Covers in depth 4 categories: Tax deductions, credits, exemptions & deferrals. Honolulu County Property Taxes
- Review of real estate tax rates, assessed value, when taxes are due and ways you can pay for property taxes. Hawaii Real Estate Purchase Contract
- A simplified, easy to understand, review of the Purchase Contract. Guide to Pet Friendly Condos in Honolulu
- Review of the pet policy of close to 300 condos in Honolulu. Guide to Oahu Schools
- Comprehensive review of all Oahu public & private schools (elementary through high-school). Rules to Dedicate Condotel to Residential Use
- Declaration Regarding Condominium Use is 'old news' and this post clarifies the new rules. GET & TAT Filing & More
- Review of tax amounts, how to file and how often these taxes are due. Good to know About Condo Hotels
- List of important things to know about short-term vacation rentals (some will probably be surprise you!). Wealth Creation with Real Estate
- Review of tax benefits, appreciation, equity pay down & more. Most Recent 2/16/2018: Nuts & Bolts of Hawaii's Real Estate Purchase Contract
- Easy to understand review of the entire Purchase Contract. 2/14/2018
: Condo or Single-Family Home Living?
- Great review of the many benefits offered by Condo living. 2/14/2018: New Listing, Waihonua #809
- Great value 2BR condo in Waihonua, located within Kakaako's popular super block.