About Waipio Acres
Mention Waipio Acres to even longtime Oahu locals and you might just get a blank stare back. This neighborhood makes up a rough triangle with its bottom base running from just above Mililani Shopping Center east to H2, which makes up the triangle's right side.
The pure bedroom community environment creates a tranquil atmosphere, yet you live mere minutes from the ample shopping and dining that Mililani Town offers.
We'll begin with a survey of the prevalent condominiums that make up the majority of both the existing residences and the listings you'll see on the For Sale list. Waipiolani
– This complex was built in 1962, comprising 6 two-story buildings that have 41 units between them. All units are 2BR/1BA (620 sq ft). Woodlawn Terrace
– Opened in 1972, its 55 residences consist of 1BR/1BA (607 sq ft) and 2BR/1BA (799 sq ft) layouts. Northbrook
– Erected just one year later in 1973, this 8 story tower added 132 units to Waipio Acres. The unit dimensions partly mimic those of Woodlawn - 1BR/1BA (607 sq ft), 2BR/1BA (799 or 896 sq ft), 3BR/2BA (1,030 sq ft). Cathedral Point
– Also built during 1973, it holds 222 condos over 11 floors. The residences have floor plans of 1BR/1BA (607 sq ft) and 2BR/1BA (799 sq ft). Waikalani Woodlands
– This largest condominium here, it dates to 1976. The 12 floors contain 288 units divided between 2BR/1BA (793 sq ft) and 3BR/2BA (1,023 sq ft). Evergreen Terrace
– 3 buildings of 3 stories each, Evergreen Terrace was finished in 1992. 130 units total with sizes of 2BR/2BA (934 sq ft), 3BR/2BA (1289 sq ft) and 3BR/3BA (1289 sq ft). Sixty Parkside
– A recent addition, as of 2011, this is a gated townhome community, all 3BR/2BA (1,212 sq ft). Choose between the private courtyards of street level units or the vaulted ceilings of the upper floor homes. The Single Family Homes
The best kept secret of all are the single family houses that primarily span the years from the 1940's to the 70's. Varying widely in size, from 800 sq ft on up, they reflect the history of this lesser known neighborhood. You'll find Plantation homes as well as Mid Century designs, and even a mix of the two. Waipio Acres – Real Estate on the Quiet Side of Life
Keep in mind that lesser-known doesn't mean less compatible to your home owning goals and desires. Hawaii is known for these pockets of life that have pleasures all their own. There could be something here you'll feel is all your own, too. You may also be interested in.... Launani Valley condos
or Mililani Mauka condos
. Alternatively, expand to search all Oahu condos for sale