- Address: 1288 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Built in 2006, 40 Floors, 247 Units, 2 - 3BR Floor plans (PH level has some 4BR), Pets: OK (verify).
- Amenities: 5 Guest Suites, Concierge, Pool, Hot Tub, Gym, Sauna, Tennis Court, BBQ with large cabanas, Dog Park, Catering kitchen, Party Room & more.
- Developed in a joint venture between 3 local highly renowed companies: MacNaughton Group, Kobayashi Group and A&B Properties. Built on ~ 3.6 acres of land.
- Brief video of Hokua.
Hokua was the first true luxury condo in Honolulu
when it was completed in 2006, a status it retained for many years until ultra-luxury condos such as Waiea
(2016) and Park Lane
(2017) were completed. It was built before much stricter building guidelines were proposed by the Hawaii Community Development Authority
- calling for protected view channels / corridors - which allowed the developer was able to create a structure running almost parallel with the ocean, giving the vast majority of Hokua residences stunning ocean views. No other luxury condo in Honolulu has as high a percentage of units, as Hokua, with outstanding ocean views.
The location is, for many, still considered the very best in Kakaako, adjacent to Ward Village and a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center, not to forget the inviting atmospehere of the 2 ground floor restaurants, Panya
and Tango Cafe
. A, B & C Stacks
: Southwest facing ocean views. D Stack
: 180 degree picture perfect ocean, Diamond Head and Waikiki skyline views. The most superior views in Hokua.
E, F, & G Stacks: Southeast facing ocean, Diamond Head and Waikiki skyline views.
Amenities: On the 3rd floor - called the Terrace Level - is where Hokua has a large amenity deck and what really stands out is all the space and its 5 barbeque stations with over-sized covered cabanas is very inviiting, making it possible to enjoy eating outdoor even on a (rare) rainy day.
Elevators: 4 residential elevators and 1 serviced elevator - Hokua has a strict policy in place, not allowing workd related items carried through the residential elevators.
Services: High quality and organized - Hokua really stands out in this aspect.
Storage: Most units come with large storage lockers in the parking garage. Some owners also have an actual storage room, but a smaller percentage.
Fun fact: Most original owners purchased pre-construction, 2003, at a time when $700,000 level pricing for a condo was unheard of and many questioned if it was possible for the developer to sell such expensive condos. Units were selling well and by the time Hokua was completed most units were valued at 2 to 3 times their original purchase price. We probably won't see such 'magic' happen any time soon again! Other Condos Anaha
Broad searches: Luxury condos in Honolulu
, all Kakaako condos for sale
, new Honolulu condo projects
. About Hokua Floor Plans 1F
5 x commercial units. 4F to 35F (A - G stacks)
Please click the "Floor Plans" tab to see floor plate and by clicking on each unit a floor plan will show. 36F to 39F (H - L stacks)
H: 2,343 sqf, 3BR. Almost identical layout to "A" stack and like "A" located on most western part of building.
I: 2314 sqf, 3BR. Bedrooms and living have great southwest ocean views. Bedrooms adjacent to each other.
J: 3,056 sqf, 3BR. Incredible wide ocean views from all rooms. Living room's ocean views spans from southwest to southeast with stunning Diamond Head and Waikiki skyline views as well.
K: 2,574 sqf, 3BR. Stunning ocean and Diamond Head views from living and all bedrooms.
L: 2,222 sqf, 3BR. Nice ocean view from living room. The unit is on the most eastern part of building and on the side is looking in to neighboring Nauru Tower. Bedrooms on mountain side. 40F
PH-A: 4,415 sqf, 4BR. Western wing of building.
PH-B: 4,164 sqf, 4BR. Central part of building and the ultimate unit in Hokua.
PH-C: 4,422 sqf, 4BR. Eastern part of building.